The IEEE offers their membership at full year and their half-year rates for new members only. Here is a link where you can get the current pricing on membership. After you have joined, come out to our general meetings and get ready to get involved! Also if you see our executives around, say hi – I swear they don’t bite.
Please follow the instructions below on how to apply:
- Click on “Join as a student”.
- Fill in your personal information and security questions.
- Click “Create Account and Continue Joining”.
- Fill in your contact information.
- Fill in your education information.
- Make sure to have “British Columbia Inst Of Tech” listed as your University/College.
Why Join IEEE?
The IEEE is the world’s largest technical society, bringing members access to the industry’s most essential technical information, networking opportunities, career development tools, and many other exclusive benefits.
IEEE Student membership is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in at least 50% of a normal, full-time course of study in electrical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, or computer science, in an allied branch of engineering technology, or in related arts and sciences.
Bringing together knowledge, community, and profession
With an IEEE Student Membership, you don’t just pay a reduced membership rate. You’ll also be able to:
- Access to IEEE’s databases (IEEE Xplore) of electrical engineering publications
- Eligibility for scholarships and awards
- Enter in Student Member only giveaways
- Invitations to networking and social events outside of our student branch
- An @ieee.org email alias with ad-free Gmail and 30 GB of shared storage (Google Drive & Gmail)
- Discounts on many products and services outside the IEEE
- Reduced prices on certain student branch events
- Ability to vote for student branch executives
- Eligibility to run for student branch executive positions
- Get free monthly web-editions of IEEE Spectrum and IEEE Potentials magazine in print.
- Save money with substantial discounts on more than 15,000 IEEE books, journals, videos, and self-study courses.
- Graduating IEEE students receive a 50% discount off IEEE and Society membership dues the first year after graduation.
For more information, visit IEEE Membership Benefits and select “Undergraduate Student” and “Canada“, under the by Career Phase and by Country.