22 Nov $20 Reimbursement for Student Membership Fees
The IEEE BCIT Student Branch wants more students to receive the benefits of a paid IEEE student member. Some of these benefits include:
- Access to IEEE’s databases of electrical engineering publications
- Eligibility for scholarships and awards
- Invitations to networking and social events outside of our student branch
- An @ieee.org email alias with ad-free Gmail and 20GB of shared Google storage
- Discounts on many products and services outside the IEEE
- Reduced prices on certain student branch events
- Ability to vote for student branch executives
- Eligibility to run for student branch executive positions
However, we realize that money can be scarce when you’re a student. So our student branch has decided to reimburse $20 CAD to anyone who signs up for a student membership . This brings down the cost by nearly 50%. To get your reimbursement, just follow these steps:
- Email us an electronic copy of your proof of payment for the membership to email@example.com
- Indicate your name and IEEE membership number in the email
- Must be currently BCIT student
We will then contact you to finalize the reimbursement. To be eligible, you must have paid for your membership on or after November 1, 2015.
When you sign up for a membership, be sure to list Johnson Huang (our club Chair) as the person who referred you. His IEEE number is 92615181.
We hope you take advantage of this opportunity to receive all the benefits of a paid student membership.